to tell the difference between shooting stars and satellites
The lovely somewhatmeretricious tagged me in a quiz but also I can’t be bothered with the rules so I’ll just answer the questions.
1. What song do you consider essential to a road trip mix?
Everclear - Local God
2. What was the last thing you remember truly taking your breath away?
This video going over the entries and winner of the Astronomy Photographer of the Year 2013, even though that’s a really clichéd answer.
3. Has anyone ever changed your mind in a really earth shattering way? Who and how?
I’m not sure if this counts exactly, but I remember coming to the realisation that I didn’t have to try to be friends with someone who was (and still does) treat me quite badly, even though I really wish we were. We are cordial due to circumstance and a small town, but things have been a lot easier for me emotionally since I stopped trying. So I guess the answer is me. Yay me.
4. Describe an ideal day.
Oh god I love sleeping so much, you don’t even know. So it would have to be an ideal couple of days because the first thing I would do is stay up as late as I could the night before, until I was so tired I couldn’t stand it any more, and then sleep forever. And then eventually get up and have brunch with friends, and long conversations, and hang out on the internet or watch television and paint my nails ridiculous colours. And then more sleep.
5. Do you hate hearing any particular word? Which one and why?
Diorientated because it’s not a word. Disoriented is what you are looking for.
6. What’s your favourite place to go to unwind?
Bed. I love my bed. Beds forever.
7. If you changed gender, would you dress differently? What would you wear?
I genuinely don’t know. I feel quite a lot of pressure to not make waves, so societally I’m not sure how I would want to approach presenting myself if that change didn’t include a difference in my physicality.
8. If you could have any animal as a companion, which would you have?
As luck would have it I have an animal companion. But as pretty as Milla is, if I could replace also have a puppy-sized elephant that would be excellent. She’s pretty nice though:
9. Describe something nice that happened today.
We went for a walk on the waterfront and I took this photo, which ended up with a neat pixel error which I really enjoy:
10. What little things occupy your mind most?
Hahahaha haha haha, oh god. Many things. I work very hard on my coping mechanisms, which mostly involve sleeplessly imagining every scenario going wrong and crying a lot. My coping mechanisms aren’t actually healthy.
11. Would you become leader of your country if you were offered the role?
Only so I could as much good and get people in place to keep doing that good before bowing out. Or, wait, are we talking with the same system of government or like me as King? Me as King I might do the same thing but stick around to tell people in the system of government when they were being dicks and to quit it.